Saturday, January 21, 2012

Acts of Kindness

As you know, the past year has brought about plenty of sadness in my life. Not a single day goes by where I don't think about my Dad or my Nannie. But throughout it all, I have been constantly reminded of the kindness of the human spirit. If anything, these losses in my life have opened my eyes to the great friendships I already have. I can't begin to explain how great my friends have been. The endless support has made me realize how truly lucky I am. In addition, I have experienced so many acts of kindness from people who I don't know very well at all. Simple phone calls, letters, or gestures surprise me all the time. For example, yesterday I came home after a long week of work to a little package in my mailbox. My brother's friend, Marie, who I've never even met sent me a little package in support of the marathon. I'm truly touched by all everyone has done to support me and my family and to fight this disease. I cannot thank you enough!



Check out Marie's page here. She makes beautiful jewelry. Marie also works at a wig shop that serves people fighting cancer. She sent me a baby harmonica necklace and a beautiful set of earrings. Thank you, Marie.

Donate Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment